In case you didn't read the comments from the previous post I have posted here what Amanda (Jayson's oldest) day was like with mom...
Grandma did great today. I went over to take care of her at 8 this morning.. When I got there she was eating breakfast. I asked her how she was feeling and if she was getting around okay.. she replied "yeah, I feel okay.. But i don't feel like I could go roll around in some dirt" It was hard not to laugh but I held it in..
From the report that Josi gave me yesterday she seems to be making great improvements and strides.. She was up and moving around a few times today, she seems to be having an easier time finding words that she wants to say now, but still gets frustrated if she loses her train of thought.. She ate breakfast and lunch while I was there and was very excited that she got to take a shower today. I can also tell that she is excited to get her stitches out as that was another one of our "hot topics" for the day. Her temperature was great and she remembered the year she was born. I would say she's recovering quickly and making great improvement! Im really proud of her strength and bravery and can't wait until she gets a little bit stronger so that I can take Jadyn out to see her.
From the report that Josi gave me yesterday she seems to be making great improvements and strides.. She was up and moving around a few times today, she seems to be having an easier time finding words that she wants to say now, but still gets frustrated if she loses her train of thought.. She ate breakfast and lunch while I was there and was very excited that she got to take a shower today. I can also tell that she is excited to get her stitches out as that was another one of our "hot topics" for the day. Her temperature was great and she remembered the year she was born. I would say she's recovering quickly and making great improvement! Im really proud of her strength and bravery and can't wait until she gets a little bit stronger so that I can take Jadyn out to see her.
I was able to talk with my mom today and she did okay on the telephone. She has had some visitors in which she talked about and was happy to have some company. My mom will be going to her first speech therapy session tomorrow and we think it will help her fully jump this speech hurdle. Jenni will be going out to my parents house today to spend the day with them as we need to keep up on her temp, neurological testing, among other things. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts as she finds the strength to improve each day.
4 comments:
This is such amazing news..less than a week ..so happy for Peg, and all of you! I will continue to pray....Debbie
Hi Peggy,
Glad to here your doing better. I have you and your family in my prayers everyday. Darla
Hi Bastar Clan!
We are so happy to hear that Peggy's recovery is going well. It is amazing to read each day about the progress she is making. We know that it will be a long road, but we are sending our thoughts and prayers across the miles. How are John and the rest of you doing? Make sure and love and support each other as well as Peggy during this tough time. We will continue to send prayers, and we cant wait to hear about the next round of improvements! Love you all!
Dave and Kathy Vanden Boogaard
I called out to Mom and Dad's today. Someone answered the phone, I wasn't sure who it was,but I said I was just calling to check to see how mom was doing. Suprisingly the person on the other end of the phone, said this is Mom. I have never felt so happy to hear her answer the phone before, and I was very happy about our 5min conversation. She did very well talking, and answering questions. This woman never seizes to amaze me. I am so proud of her, and even more proud to call her my Mom. Tomorrow I will spend the day with her, and take her to speech therapy. As soon as I have any news as to the pathology report, I will let Jessi know, so she can update the blog, also I will let her know about our day. I LOVE YOU MOM!!! love, Jana
Post a Comment