My mother is in good spirits and asks that everyone keep her in constant prayer. If you do call her please know that her response in conversation may be delayed while she is having a difficult time finding the correct words to say. Please do not help her find the correct words to say as it ends up confusing her even more. My mother has always been a genius of taking the very worst situations and finding the silver lining through God and good old fashion humor.
This blog has been set up to keep family and friends updated with the latest information on Peggy's condition. We ask you to please keep Peggy in your prayers as she battles cancer.
...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Monday, October 25, 2010
Finding a lump and the Doctor's appointment
After noticing that the lump on my mother's left temple was not improving and was getting much worse she went to see her Physician. A CT scan was done and her Doctor gave us the news that it was indeed a tumor. After the scan was reviewed by a Neurosurgeon it was determined that the tumor was Osteosarcoma, a bone cancer within the meninges of her skull. The tumor is both on the inside of her skull and on the outside and in result pushing on her brain. Her brain has some swelling so therefore the Neurosurgeon wants to operate and remove the tumor as soon as possible. We have an appointment with the Neurosurgeon tomorrow 10/26 to go over her complete prognosis, surgery and after care. I will update everyone once we have more information on the date of the surgery and the complete prognosis.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Please feel free to post comments, your thought and / or prayers
My thoughts and prayers are with you, and all of your family...Peg is a warm,loving, bright, and funny woman..strong and resourceful..her smile lights up the room, and she always has a hug to share. We probably have no idea how strong she is... I bet that she's about to show everyone her strength and Grace...God bless Peg, and all of you...
phoenix66 is Matt's Mom.
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Blessings of God's deep peace as the days unfold. May God holding you gently even as you hold one another. I know you have lots of family, but if there is anything your church family can do, please let me know.
prayers, prayers,
Pastor Susan
Peg, John and families.
I missed your call. Got home from UP camp later than expected and too late to call back.. I'll catch you tomorrow evening . God will be with you and we know those medical folks will do all they can as quickly as they can to make this right. Love you all. Peetie
Aunt Peg, You are constantly in my prayers. I know God has been, is now, and will forever be at your side. Someone reminded me the other day "If mountains were smooth we'd all slide down." So lace up those boots and head for the summit. I love you! Nanette
We will keep you all in our prayers,especially Peg. You kids will be a great strength to her. Blessings! Love, Herb and Crys
You have been, are now, and will always be in my prayers. We are all lucky to have you as part of our big, supportive family. I cannot think of a more tightly knit family than yours, Peggy, always there for each other. And you are an example to us all.
Blessings to you, Peggy, and to all of your kids, as you start this new journey. We're right beside you.
Love,
CalSis
My prayers are with you Peggy and also with you Jess as it is just as tough on the family as it is on her but she needs all the love a world can give her and you do to in a way as your dealing with a pretty bid deal yourself but your Mom has a bigger pill to swollow. I guess all I can say is that I will be praying for your whole family through this time in need and I'll send extras for your mom as she is going to have a tough road ahead of her but she's a fighter and you have a very strong family so I'm bettin' you guys will come out just fine! But I will do my part as a friend of your family and pray and pray some more that everything goes the way it should. Your all in my prayers and i'll ask my Grandma as she goes to church every Sunday to put in a blessing as well although she doesn't know your family she knows the power of prayer and how to put your faith in God's hands. Take care Jess and Family and I will follow the blog to check her status and yours!
Post a Comment